Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday!!

The toilet is fixed, hopefully, once and for all. Very grateful for the plumber who also showed me where all of my outside plumbing vents were and where my water main is. Now to tackle a leak near my shower door. Nothing a little caulking can't fix!

Also contemplating today if our lawn mower and I will ever be BFF's. Last week it hated me and didn't want to start. This week it ran out of gas and then I think I flooded it when I put more gas in it. Sigh. After sharing some profanities at it for, like, 30 minutes it finally started. The lawn is mowed, I've torn out two rose bushes, and moved a topiary. Now if I can only convince the edger and weedeater to be my friends....perhaps next week.

Right now I'm glad it's Friday, that there's football tonight, and that for this moment, nothing new is broken in my house.

1 comment:

  1. Usually that's all you need to do if you think you've flooded it...walk away for about 15 minutes or so, then try again and it will often start right up. When was the last time you had it "tuned up". Sometimes all it needs is a new spark plug.

    ReplyDelete