Friday, October 1, 2010

On Hold again

My friend, Autumn, gets the entire cake when it comes to dealing with billing errors. Myself, I take a close second....really close. I think she and I should go into business together and charge other people a fee to take care of their billing problems for them. I swear, since we moved I have spent several hours each month trying to negotiate rates and fees that I was promised when setting up new services. After three calls to AT&T I think I finally have what was promised, although the rebates have not physically appeared in my mailbox (they said give them 4-6 weeks). Today was my fourth lengthy call to DirecTV and I honestly still have not gotten what I was promised in the beginning. Whatever. After my call today they have agreed to give me a significant credit from a past purchase which will end up to be about the same as the monthly savings I was promised. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will not have to call either of these companies again in the near future or I might have to poke my eyeball out with a dull stick - seriously.

I suppose the good news is that I got my electric bill today and it is less than last months bill (although, don't read too much into my excitement, it's still quite steep).

2 comments:

  1. please don't poke your eyeball out. I can't say I haven't felt the need to either though. May the force be with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I just find this blog?! I'm so sorry. I hope you don't have to deal with this much longer.

    ReplyDelete