Monday, October 4, 2010

Blah-blah-blah with a side of blah

I can honestly say today is my first "down" day since we moved. Not sure if I have a little bug or if my body is just plain exhausted, but I seriously have been a bum all day, with little energy to spare. Woke up to a brisk, chilly morning and put some capri's on Owen (seriously, NONE of his pants fit!). Feeling a little embarassed about it, but, hey, he looks cute in his glasses so who will even notice his ankles catching a breeze down there, right? Spent some time in the morning sweeping and mopping, and trying to convince my contractor that he wants to throw in more work for the amount my insurance company has agreed to pay. Starting to wonder if I should just sub-contract out the repairs myself....think I could get more for the money. Whatever....too exhausted to worry anymore about that today. The highlight of my day was being hugged by a stranger at Target this afternoon and told that I was doing a good job as a mom. She must've known I needed that today. I'm sure if you had noticed the glazed look in my eyes as I watched my cranky 4-year-old throw a complete fit in my shopping cart and then have a melt down because I needed him to try on one stinkin' pair of pants, you'd have felt the need to hug me too.

1 comment: