Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Silence!

My new fridge of 2 months is beautiful but I hate it! It is the noisiest piece of metal I have ever heard. I am completely annoyed by constant sounds like humming or buzzing. I want quiet! Not to mention that when the ice drops from the ice maker it sounds like a gun shot. Seriously. If you don't believe me, you should totally come for a visit. (and if it matters, the guest room is on the second floor where it's much quieter). If my house were filled with more kids that were incredibly noisy they would drown out the loud refrigerator. Perhaps I should invite my nephews for a visit. I sure love them and miss them, but they really are noisier than my noisy fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Our ice maker is loud, too (though probably not as loud as yours), so I turn it off most of the time. When we run out of ice, I turn it on for a day or two until the bucket is full.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you have the installer come out and check it out, or is it too late now for them to do it? Could be some of the rattles/hums might be because it's not level? Now, the icemaker is another story - mine is noisy, too.

    ReplyDelete